Go4IT Alight's static code analysis delivers a big value in application modernization initiatives by offering:
- An inventory of all code components in the legacy system, providing flowcharts and dependency analysis. This information, together with the complexity analysis of the code (using algorithms of cyclomatic complexity) allows to obtain an estimation in cost and term of the process of migration.
- Support on the optimization processes to be applied on the source code. These processes can be:
- Standards offered by the tool: dead code, repeated functions and variables, ...
- Custom designed based on specific needs of each installation, such as identification of business rules in windows, low recommended programming practices, ...
- Recommendations on software architectures to which code conversion can be more efficient, depending on the development models used in the source systems.